Thursday 22 July 2010

95.9 Pilihan FM

I nearly broke into tears when I finally succeeded tuning into my old time favourite radio station back home - "Pilihan FM". It mightn't be the greatest station (or is it?), but I just love listening to it. It's one of the million things I grew up with. And maybe because of this, it makes me feel miles closer to home, listening to the familiar voices of the occasionally hilarious DJs, might I just stress Izan and Frankie. ;)

And oh yeah! The broadcast also reminded me that it is the week we celebrate our dear Sultan's 64th birthday. Daulat Kebawah Duli Taun Patik! I've never been so patriotic before... or have I, since I'm so in love with NBD? His Majesty is said to be the kindest country leader ever, making it an annual thing to celebrate his birthday and festivals with his people - Bersama Rakyat, the way we'd call it back home, where he would make efforts to visit his loyal subjects in nearly every district. As for Brunei Citizens (one of the things I wanna work towards), what more can they ask for? Free educations, medical services, not forgetting bleeding low house rentals for the needie, are only the few privileges to mention. "He's really the people's king! For being so kind and caring to all his rakyat (his subjects)," exclaimed an Indian doctor as I'm blogging my affection for my home country.

Aww, I just can't resist showing how much I miss my country right now. Just listening to the interviews between the DJs and the passer-bys at the celebration, I can imagine how wonderful and friendly the country still is. I can't wait until the day when I finally set foot on that peaceful land again!

Love,
581 of Brunei!

P.S. For those who wanna try net-radio-ing Pilihan FM :
http://www.rtb.gov.bn/RTB_City/02_NetRadio/PilihanFM/index.htm